The Reality Of The Inaccuracies Spun And False Accusations Of Kashiff Khan Pt.1

In this series of responses we will examine issue by issue that which was transmitted by Kashiff Khan and make it clear to the reader the inaccuracies, ingenuous presentation and twisting of the facts in a seemingly attempt to further the campaign of the Sa’aafiqah to smear and tarnish the name of those Salafy students of knowledge who defend the honor of Al ‘Allaamah Shaikh Muhammad Bin Haadee in his war against this destructive group known as the Sa’aafiqah. If Kashiff Khan is not in fact a defender of this destructive group then let him proclaim his freedom from them and put his pen to paper to clarify his position as relates to them. It is upon him to explain why he broke the agreement of Shaikh Rabee’ at this time to launch these untimely attacks against his Salafy brother. What is his motivation and what actions of my behalf of late have given cause to such unjust attacks? Is it a diversionary tactic to keep us preoccupied with Al Juyaanee to shift attention away from Shaikh Muhammad Bin Haadee’s war against the Sa’aafiqah? Let Kashiff Khan explain himself with clarity.

 

The first issue I would like to respond to is his fraudulent claim that I lack an understanding of the basic principles of Salafiyyah. I challenge Kashiff to produce these basic principles that I lack understanding in and to provide his proof from my lectures, classes, writings or translations which demonstrates this lack of understanding. If he is truthful and in fact not a liar, it is upon him to produce these proofs. Allah says,

 

قُلْ هَاتُوا بُرْهَانَكُمْ إِنْ كُنْتُمْ صَادِقِينَ

“Produce your proof if you are truthful.”

 

Kashiff Khan who has a habit in misrepresenting his knowledge of me and seemingly a personal vendetta against me, writes that I studied ONLY in Egypt with people of innovation. This statement is misleading at best because it gives the reader the understanding that I only sought knowledge in Egypt and that I only learned from innovators. After returning in 2004 I continued to seek knowledge from Salafy scholars, students of knowledge, and mashaayikh. Since 2011 until now I have been having class -once per week- via the phone with Shaikh Shihaab Bin Shaikh Hasan Al Banna. I have also sought knowledge yearly -and nearly one month in 2014- and two weeks a year since with some of the well known scholars in Saudi Arabia. This information of my continued studies is unknown to Kashiff Khan which points to his exaggerated claim on how well he knows me. However, this is not the point I want to focus in on at this time. 

 

Kashiff Khan’s statement also implies that I left without abandoning my teachers who were upon innovation. What he implied is nothing more than a gross exaggeration and lie at best. The fact of the matter is that I abandoned each and every one of them years before I left Egypt in 2004. To this point let me first comment by sharing a statement of Sufyān Ath-Thawrī رحمه الله.

 

قال سفيان الثوري رحمه الله: لما استعمل الرُّواة الكذب استعملنا لهم التأريخ. [الكفاية للخطيب البغدادي ص١١٩]


 Sufyān Ath-Thawrī رحمه الله mentioned,


"When the narrators (began to) utilize lying, we utilized the history for them (as a means to clarify and expose their lies)."

 

In an e-mail written on December 14th, 2002, I made my position clear as relates to no longer studying with ‘Abdul ‘Atheem Al Badawe (which Kashiff Khan received). That e-mail reads as follows:

AS SALAAMU 'ALAIKUM WA RAHMATULLLAHI WA BARAKATUHU

 

TO ALL MY DEAR BROTHERS WHO WILL RECEIVE THIS E-MAIL.  I ASK EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU TO CONVEY THESE WORDS AND MY POSITION WITH REGARDS TO SHEIKH 'ABDUL 'ATHEEM AL BADAWE.  AS YOU ALL KNOW I USED TO LIVE IN SHEEN AND STUDY WITH SHEIKH 'ABDUL 'ATHEEM.  I WAS UNDER THE IMPRESSION THAT HE WAS SALAFY AND UPON CLARITY.  IN ANY EVENT, IT'S BEEN 1  1/2 YEARS SINCE I'VE MOVED FROM SHEEN AND ABOUT 8 MONTHS OR SO SINCE I LAST SAT, STUDIED WITH OR SEEN HIS FACE.  UNBEKNOWN TO THE BROTHERS, I NEVER RETURNED TO STUDY WITH HIM SINCE I LAST SPOKE TO DAWUD ADIB.  THE LAST TIME I SPOKE TO HIM (Al Badawe) WAS SHORTLY AFTER SPEAKING TO DAWUD ADIB, WHEN I CALLED TO ASK HIM ABOUT HIS STATEMENTS FOUND IN HIS BOOK.  I STATED MY POSITION WITH REGARDS TO THOSE STATEMENTS IN THE E-MAIL ENTITLED AT TAWDEEH.  NOW, AS FAR AS  MY POSITION AS TO WHY I DON'T SIT WITH HIM NOR DO I ADVISE PEOPLE TO SIT WITH HIM, IS SIMPLE.  HE'S NOT CLEAR.  NOW WE ALL KNOW THE DANGERS OF SITTING WITH SUCH AN INDIVIDUAL.  SO AGAIN I SAY, I DON'T SIT WITH HIM, I DON'T SPEAK TO HIM, I DON'T STUDY WITH HIM, NOR DO I PLAN TO DO SO IN THE FUTURE.  UNTIL HE BECOMES CLEAR THIS IS MY POSITION AND HAS BEEN MY POSITION FOR SOME TIME NOW.  MAY ALLAH BLESS THE BROTHERS, FORTIFY US ALL UPON THE SUNNAH AND MAKE US OF THOSE WHOM HE IS PLEASED WITH (AAMEEN).  [End of e-mail]    

 

I realized that my previous e-mail was NOT clear enough and thus I wrote another e-mail (which Kashiff Khan received) on December15, 2002 (the very next day after the first email was sent) where within it I stated the following:

 

“I'M SALAFY TODAY JUST AS I WAS YESTERDAY, WA LILLA HIL HAMD.  NA'AM I SAT WITH 'ABDUL 'ATHEEM THINKING WHAT I THOUGHT ABOUT HIM, THAT HE WAS SALAFY AND UPON CLARITY.  WHEN IT BECAME CLEAR TO ME OTHERWISE I LEFT HIM BY ALLAH'S MERCY, AL HAMDULILLAH.  MY LOYALTY IS FOR THE HAAQ NOT FOR MEN.” [End of excerpt from the e-mail]    

 

The issue of Badawe with me wasn’t one that was left just like that and at that point on that day as I continued to learn more about his reality due to speaking with students who still lived in Sheen and studied with him who would tell me about his statements and positions that were unknown to Kashiff Khan and myself. After learning this information I sent another email condemning and freeing myself from some of Badawe’s false Bid’ee statements by saying,

 

“WE DO NOT AGREE WITH THESE STATEMENTS FOR THEY AGREE WITH THAT OF THE IKHWAAN.  

 

WE ARE FREE FROM THE DA'WAH OF THE IKHWAAN AND SAID QUTOOB AND THE SUROORIES AND ALL THOSE THAT OPPOSE THE SUNNAH.” [End of excerpt from the e-mail]

 

Now I ask you, for someone who received these e-mails and who claims to know me so well, why was there no hint of this reality in his three pages of inaccuracies, ingenuous presentation and twisting of the facts. I fear that Kashiff Khan is stricken with the despicable Haddaadee trait that Shaikh Rabee’ mentioned,

 

 “I have clearly stated many times that the one who abandons actions (in totality) is a disbeliever. However, al-Haddaadiyyah have an evil principle with them. It is that when they have connected to a person that which he is free of and he declares openly his dis-association from it, they continue to remain upon accusing that oppressed person with that which they connected to him. So they by way of this evil principle have surpassed the khawaarij.

Thus, let me make it clear that I free myself from every innovator everywhere, from them:

·         Abdul ‘Atheem Badawe

·         ‘Amr ‘Abdul Mun’em Saleem

·         Mustapha Al Adawee

·         Abu Ishaaq Al Huwaynee

·         Muhammad Hasan

·         ‘Ala Sadawi the Bid’ee from formally of at Masjid Tawheed in Jersey City (who I only took one or two classes on Aajooromiyyah with and then abandoned due to his connection to Muhammad ‘Abdul Maq’sood and other Takfeer’s)

·         Ali Halabee and those with him

·         Hajooree and those with him

·         Hani Buraik and those with him

And the list goes on…

We advise Kashiff Khan to utilize his pen against Buraik and those with him and to make that clear to the English speaking world as it was Kashiff Khan’s supporters who presented Hani to the West and spread his (Hani’s) praise of them. I also advise Kashiff Khan to openly free himself from one of his teachers, Faalih Al Harbee and to openly refute the innovated principles of Al Harbee which can still be smelled upon the breath of Kashiff Khan, as illustrated by his unjust attacks against Salafis which are devoid of proof.

When refuting Faalih, Shaikh Rabee’ said,

“Indeed the production and reverberation of rulings against people who attribute themselves to the Salafy methodology -and whose articulations (confirm) that they are in fact Salafy- without reason and without producing proofs and evidence is a great and tremendous harm (which will result) in great disunity in the lands.

Thus, it is incumbent to extinguish these calamities by (either) producing (the) proofs and evidence which will clarify to the people, convince them (and give them solace) of the truthfulness and correctness of these rulings or they should excuse themselves (and retract) from these rulings (if they don't have the ability to produce any proofs and evidence).” 

Written by:

Abu ‘Abdis Salaam Siddiq Al Juyaanee

2018