Fatwah On Hijrah

Author: Ash-Shaykh 'Aadil As-Sayyid حفظه الله و ورعاه

Source: WhatsApp October 23rd, 2017 (Safar 2nd, 1439 AH)

Translators: Abu Abdil-Haadee Khaleel Davis


As Salaamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu, may Allah treat you well. I am from America. My wife and I live with my mother, my father and my grandfather in the same house. I have previously traveled to the Muslim land to seek knowledge several times. My father is addicted to drugs and my grandfather has sexual (deviant) abnormalities and there is a dog in the house, and with Allaah aid is sought.

I want to go back to the Muslim land to seek knowledge and to live there but my mother wants me to remain with her in order to assist her materially and morally. This is because my father can not take care of her, but I do not want to live in this environment because it harms me and my wife’s Deen. Benefit me (with an answer) jazaakum Allaahu Khayran.

Wa ‘Alaikumus Salaam Wa Rahmatullah Wa Barakaatuhu

If he is able to preserve his deen with satisfying his mother (by staying) then let him do that; however, if he found that he will fall into harm, then he should make hijra (alone with his wife and leave his mother behind) if his mother is a disbelieving woman. However, if she is a Muslimah, it is then upon him to take her with him and (neither of them) should remain with these disbelievers.

Shaykh Waleed Al-Baghdaadi was presented with the question, who presented it to Shaykh 'Aadil. May Allaah preserve them both.

The permission to spread this question was sought from Shaykh Waleed Al-Baghdaadi. Who sought the permission of Ash-Shaykh 'Aadil.