His Ex-Wife Doesn't Allow Him To Speak With And/Or Visit His Children Regularly

Author: Shaykh Abdur-Rahmān Muhyiddīn, and Shaykh ‘Usāmah Al-‘Utayby

Source: Question posed on Muharram 5th, 1439 (September 25th, 2017) by your brother Abu Abdil Haadee Khaleel Davis via WhatsApp.

Translators: Abu Abdil-Haadee Khaleel Davis

Question: As Salaamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi. Our virtuous Shaykh, may Allaah bless you. How can a Muslim deal with his ex-wife that does not allow him to talk to and/or see his children often. Sometimes this is for several weeks due to the (ex-wife's) jealousy of him marrying another wife. This has been (the case) over the past five years. Does he take her to the non-Islamic courts in order to get his children due to her not taking the advice of the Muslims?

Answer: Advise her and remind her with Allaah.

Questioner: And if she doesn't fear Allaah, and continues O virtuous Shaykh?

Shaykh: Tell Allaah about her, say, “O Lord, what do I do with her, O Lord of all that exists, give me success (as relates to her and in this affair),” and seek aid with Allaah.

Questioner: May Allaah bless you our Shaykh and father. Do I have permission to spread your statements for the benefit of the Muslims in case the question is asked again?

Shaykh: No problem.

Questioner: May Allaah preserve you our virtuous Shaykh. As salaamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi.

Shaykh Usaamah al-'Utayby حفظه الله و ورعاه added by stating: If he isn't able to see his kids except by way of the courts of the non Muslims, then this is permissible due to necessity and Allaah knows best.

Questioner: May Allaah bless you our virtuous shaykh.